Saturday 15th September 2012
A new three day festival offering a choice of events taking place over the weekend including triathlon, cycle sportive, beach run, open water swimming and MTB enduro.
Organised by Participate Sport , the organisers of the Dragon Ride and Etape Cymru Sportive events.
A choice of 2 route options –
“Both Sportive distances take in some stunning views making it one of the most beautiful rides in Britain. The views will include:
- St Michaels’ Mount – Just off the coast of Marazion, the Mount is home to the St. Aubyn family. It was here in 1588 that the first beacon was lit to warn of the arrival of the Spanish Armada.
- Cape Cornwall – A Designated area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and one of the most romantic stretches of coastline in Britain.
- Lands’ End – Famous for being the most western point of mainland Britain. It will be the start of the 2012 Olympic torch relay.
- Penzance – An ancient market town and Capital of West Cornwall.
- St. Just Mining District – A World Heritage site for its mining history. Chimneys and Engine houses can be seen perched on the cliff tops along the coast line.”
- Waymarked routes
- Electronic timing
- Feed stations
- Mechanical support
- Broom Wagon
- Event photographer and video
- Finishers medal
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)
- 150km Sportive – £39.00
- 100km Sportive – £35.00