Posted Tuesday 11th Ocober 2011 –
The date for the 2012 Moonriders London to Brighton has been announced as Saturday 30th June 2012.
The event combines the iconic London to Brighton route but with the added twist of taking place at night. Riders set off from Alexandra Palace between 10pm and 2am, depending on their expected pace, pedaling through quiet London streets, past some of the capital’s most iconic landmarks before breaking out onto the open country roads of Surrey and Sussex.
The event includes an en-route hot-meal stop with riders aiming to complete the 100km course just as the sun rises over Brighton Pier.
Entry for the 2012 event is £59 for which you’ll get –
- Fully signed and controlled route
- Nominate the pace – departures from 2200 until 0200
- Rest stops and hot-meal en-route
- Support riders, bike mechanics, medics, vehicle cover
- Rider breakfast – family, friends, supporters welcome
- Optional coach and bike return service to London
- Online resource, GPS route data, rider safety pack
For more event details –