Sunday 13th April 2014
A challenging sportive for those riders tackling the full route with the inclusion of Wrynose Pass, one of the toughest climbs in the UK, where the gradient reaches 1 in 3 in places.
The event is organised by The Rotary Club of Lancaster and any profit generated is donated to their chosen charities.
A choice of 3 route options are available –
- Wrynose or Bust – 115 miles – starting from the Halton army camp near Lancaster, through the hills of the Lake District, including severe climbs over Grisebeck, Wrynose Pass and Grizedale Forest. This event is not for the faint hearted and is intended to be a serious cycling challenge.
- The Bay Dash – 68 miles – a shortened version, but still a serious test using some of the same roads as the longer route.
- The Silverdale Sling – 36 miles – first introduced in 2011 it may only be 37 miles but still includes some challenging climbs.
- Choice of waymarked routes
- Electronic timing
- Feed stations
- On course support
- Finishers certificate
- Broom Wagon
Halton Army Training Camp
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)
Entry on the day – Yes, if not sold out
- Wrynose or Bust – £33.00 per rider
- The Bay Dash – £29.00 per rider
- Silverdale Sling – £25.00 per rider