Sunday 2nd September 2012
Goodwood, West Sussex
The inaugural GSD Giant sportive will take you around the picturesque lanes of West Sussex and Hampshire in support of a locally-based charity, the AGSD-UK.
A choice of 3 route options are available –
- Giant – 102 miles – “Huge, cruel and eats unprepared cyclists”
- Spirit – 76 miles – “For lively and courageous souls”
- Demon – 44 miles – “Summon immense energy for this devil of a ride
“Setting out from the magnificent Goodwood Racecourse the route circumnavigates the South Downs between Petworth in the east and Droxford in the west; passing through some of the prettiest villages and hamlets the South of England has to offer. You’ll cycle by green rolling pastures, ancient woodlands, river valleys and wetlands all within one of Britain’s most accessible “Breathing Spaces”, the recently designated South Downs National Park.”
- Choice of fully waymarked routes
- Free energy drink and snacks
- Electronic timing
- Feed Stations
- On route mechanical support
- On site catering
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)
On the day entry – Yes, if not sold out, on the day surcharge applies.
Entry fees are taken through Virgin Money Giving when you sign up for the GSD Giant. If you do not already have an account with Virgin Money Giving, one is automatically set up for you as part of the payment process. Please note however that fundraising is not compulsory for this event.
- Giant – £30.00 per rider
- Spirit – £30.00 per rider
- Demon – £20.00 per rider