Sunday 14th October 2012
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
The 1066 Ride is a Cyclosportive with routes that travel over the lovely lanes of 1066 Countryside and areas of the Lower Weald and Ashdown forest. With the HQ based in Burgess Hill, riders ride out on stunning country roads towards Battle.
A choice of 4 route options are on offer –
- THE 1066 CLASSIC CYCLOSPORTIVE RIDE – The premier route is a 104 mile (166km) and includes hills such as Cobb Lane Hill to test the strongest of cyclosportive riders.
- THE 1066 CHALLENGE RIDE – A 85 mile (136km) This Cyclosportive is an event which will also prove to be a good test of fitness, determination and ultimately character for most cyclist as it follows some of the route of The 1066 Classic route.
- THE 1066 TOUR RIDE – A 66 mile (106 km) course for those that are have an issue with gravity maybe and its effect on their ability to climb hills on a bicycle. That said it’s not flat.
- THE 1066 KERMESSE RIDE- A 40 mile (65km) ride Yes the short ride but it still has a few hills in it.
- Choice of fully waymarked routes
- Electronic timing
- Feed Stations
- Event Photographer
- On route support
- Emergency medical support
- Sag wagon
The Oakmeeds College
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)