Posted Monday 10th October 2011 –
Dates for this winter’s Performance Cycles Mini Sportive Series have now been confirmed. Building on the success of previous years the series expands to six events designed to help keep you riding throughout the winter and prepare for the 2012 sportive season.
The dates are –
- Sunday 23rd October
- Sunday 20th November
- Sunday 18th December
- Sunday 15th January
- Sunday 12th February
- Sunday 11th March
The format is designed to be simple, and cheap so there’s no electronic timing or feed stations but you do get plenty of rider support and for only £6 to enter you can’t go far wrong.
For your £6.00 entry what you can expect is-
• A few freebies when you sign on
• Comprehensively and clearly way-marked route
• Route card with emergency contact number
• Free car parking (and plenty of it)
• Mechanical support and 1st aid
• Changing and toilets available at the HQ
• Hot drinks and cake/refreshments after the ride (included in price)
The routes are designed to give you an enjoyable and challenging ride with distances or 45 or 60 miles that reflect the fact that it’s the off season and the British winter weather probably won’t be ideal for long epic riders.
All the events start at 9am (registration from 8.30am) from Performance Cycles in Poulton.
For more details and entry links –