Posted Tuesday 26th March 2013 –
Children’s charity Action Medical Research has introduced new short routes to many of its UK rides, aimed at encouraging road cycling newcomers to get involved. Dubbed the ‘cool revolution’ the shorter options complement its well established middle distance ‘classic’ and long haul ‘champion’ routes. Cool routes, starting from just 19 miles, have been added to 12 of the charity’s popular RIDE100 series events and to all three of its ladies-only Action DIVA rides. The ‘cool revolution’ starts with the Bath 100 and Peterborough 100, both 14 April, followed by the Warwickshire 100 through Shakespeare country on 28 April.
Cool routes, starting from just 19 miles, have been added to 12 of the charity’s popular RIDE100 series events and to all three of its ladies-only Action DIVA rides. The ‘cool revolution’ starts with the Bath 100 and Peterborough 100, both 14 April, followed by the Warwickshire 100 through Shakespeare country on 28 April.
The shorter routes allow less experienced riders to feel part of a big event without having to commit to such a grueling day in the saddle.
Mark Trott, UK Cycling Development Manager at Action Medical Research, says: “We have led the way for many years in the creation of top quality sportive and fundraising cycling events, attended by thousands of enthusiasts. We want even more people to support Action and for everyone to give road cycling a go on one our expertly supported events. Cycling is a great way to stay fit and healthy so if you want to get into shape and be super cool then join the revolution!”
Cyclists participating in these rides will raise money to help fund medical research into conditions affecting babies and children. Action Medical Research is currently supporting work around Down syndrome, epilepsy, sickle cell disease, and diabetes, as well as some rare and distressing conditions that severely affect children.
The RIDE100 and Action DIVA series are both supported by leading bike brand Trek. All rides include food and water stations, chip timing, marshals and mechanics.
For more information and to register visit www.action.org.uk/100cool
Cool rides listing:
- Bath 100 14 April 2013 (31 miles)
- Peterborough 100 14 April 2013 (33 miles)
- Warwickshire 100 28 April 2013 (37 miles)
- Suffolk Sunrise 100 12 May 2013 (43 miles)
- Castle Ride 100 19 May 2013 (33 miles)
- Trossachs Ton 16 June 2013(33 miles)
- Chiltern Challenge 100 23 June 2013 (36 miles)
- Peak District 100 30 June 2013 (37 miles)
- Winchester 100 14 July 2013 (42 miles)
- Surrey 100 18 August 2013 (24 miles)
- Essex100 1 September 2013 (33 miles)
- Bucks 100 15 September 2013 (48 miles)
Action DIVA series
- Action DIVA Sussex 11 May 2013 (21 miles)
- Action DIVA Scotland 19 May 2013 (19 miles)
- Action DIVA Warwickshire 19 May 2013 (19 miles)