Sunday 26th August 2012
County Tyrone, Northern Ireland
Lap The Lough is an annual Cyclo Sportive around Lough Neagh, the largest lake in Ireland and Britain. This is the sixth Lap The Lough event with 2000 cyclists expected.
Lap The Lough is a not-for-profit cycle event that encourages participation right across the community. The event aims to encourage as many cyclists to do 1 lap of Lough Neagh on Sunday 26th August and to create a high-profile fundraising vehicle so individuals can, if they wish, raise money for their charities and groups.
The route goes around Lough Neagh, the largest lake in Ireland and Britain. It’s all or nothing, 81 miles around hugging the loughshore as closely as possible.
- 81 miles (130km)
- Rolling road blocks and outriders,
- Feedstations with water, gels
- Mechanic support
- Sweeper van
- Finishers cycling cap
- Food at finish
- Sports massage
- Changing and showers
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)
On the day entry – No
- £25.00 per rider for entries received in February and March
- £30.00 per rider for entries received in April, May and June
- £35.00 per rider for entries received in July