Sunday 16th September 2012
A new cycle event for 2012 starting from Blackpool Football Club with 3 challenging route options, iconic climbs and picturesque feed stations. The event is being developed in close partnership with regional and local authorities and British Cycling to show case the best of the region.
A choice of 3 route options –
- 115 miles – The long route of 115 miles takes in all of Lancashire’s iconic cycling climbs including Jeffrey Hill, Nick of Pendle, Pendle Hill, Waddington Fell, Trough of Bowland with a total ascent of 2,500m and visits all 3 event feed stations
- 85 miles – The 85 mile route misses out Nick of Pendle and Pendle Hill to bring the total climbing down to 1,500m and visits Longridge and Ashton Memorial feed stations
- 60 miles – The shorter 60 mile route ascends Jeffrey Hill, with phenomenal views from the top. This route totals 800m of climb and visits Longridge feed station only
All the routes start at the Blackpool Football Club stadium but finish at Stanley Park which is a mile or so away from the start point.
- Choice of waymarked routes
- Electronic timing
- Feed stations
- National Escort Group motorcycle outriders
- First aid support
- Mechanical support
- Event photographer
- Finishers certificate and goody bag
Blackpool Football Club
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)
- Short – £28.00 per rider
- Medium – £31.00 per rider
- Long – £34.00 per rider
For every entrant to the sportive, £1 will be donated to the Rising Star Fund, the charity partner for the event.