Posted Tuesday 24th May 2011 –
Entries for the inaugral Gran Fondo Eddy Merckx are now open.
The weekend of the 31st July will see a limited field of 1,000 riders heading out on a choice of either 100 mile or 100km routes starting from Chard in Somerset. Tom Marchment, Marketing Manager at i-ride, the UK distributor for Eddy Merckx Cycles, said “We are getting seriously excited about the inaugural Gran Fondo Eddy Merckx and the secret course is looking like it will be a corker”
As well as some challenging routes the gran fondo promises to bring some of the European Gran Fondo experience to the UK with a huge list of rider extras and support including, neutral service, free gifts, pasta party, full event village and goodie bags as well as the chance to ride with the legendary Eddy Merckx.
To ensure everything runs smoothly, Velo Events, are responsible for the organisation of the event bringing their 25 years of experience of running cycling events including the popular Cotswold Spring Classic.
Entry is £39, for which you’ll get –
- Large event village with trade stands
- Free post event massage
- Free pasta party the night before the event
- Comprehensively and clearly marked route
- Electronic timing
- Free car parking (and plenty of it!!)
- Two well-stocked feeding stations on the route (one on short route)
- Broom wagon, mechanical support and 1st aid cover
- Support by the National Motorcycle Escort Group and MediBikes
- High quality photos of all riders available for purchase on the web
- Individual times available immediately at the event HQ
- Free hot food at the finish for all riders
For more information andto enter –