Sunday 14th October 2012
Now in its second year, the ‘Dorking Original Sportive’ was the first ever event in the Cycling Weekly Sportive series attracting 1000 riders in 2011. It is quite a challenge, with awesome hills to get the legs pumping and amazing descents to get the heart racing. Taking in the best of the varied landscape of the Surrey Hills and the North Downs
SStarting at the bottom of the Olympic Race Hill ‘Box Hill’, from a venue that has plenty of parking and outstanding facilities. There are 3 course to choose from; 101 mile Epic; 77 Mile Standard and a 33 miles Fun Route. The Epic and Standard routes take in the famous hills including: Leith Hill, Pitch Hill, White Down . 2 out of these 3 hills are in the UK’s top 100 climbs, which every rider must experience.
- Epic Route (101 Mile)- based in the heart of this area of outstanding natural beauty, this route has 2 distant parts a Hillier first 70 miles followed by a more relaxed final 30 miles, which is flatter and more flowing which can be described as a little lumpy but not hilly. This will allow riders legs to recover and the pace to quicken as riders head home in on the finish.
- Standard Route (77 Mile) – although this is shorter it is equally as challenging as it includes the same iconic hills as the Epic route.
- The Fun route (33 miles) kicking off with two hills around Dorking before the route becomes flatter and more flowing and can be described as a little lumpy but not hilly. The route takes in peaceful country lanes with minimal traffic allowing riders to take in the beautiful country side.
- Event centre facilities & free parking.
- Mechanical Support
- Full Route Marking
- Rider public liability insurance
- Free energy drink + energy snacks
- Electronic Chip timing
- Bike Wash Facilities
- Web results service
- Emergency support
- Onsite catering
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)
- Fun Route including Road Cycling Show entry – £20.00 per rider
- Standard and Epic Routes including Road Cycling Show entry – £30.00 per rider