Sunday 20th to Saturday 26th October 2013
A new multi stage sportive taking riders on a 7 day, 777km tour of the Cornwall coast.
- Stage One – Lakeview, Lanivet to Bude – Begin the first stage by heading north up the Camel estuary to Rock, Polzeath and the iconic north Cornwall coastline. Pass through the historic towns of Port Quinn, Port Isaac, Tintagel and the climbs through Boscastle to Milook before reaching your first destination of Bude.
- Stage Two – Bude to Saltash – From Bude, follow the beautiful Cornwall and Devon border to Saltash, through Calstock, Cotehele and St Mellion before finally passing under the Tamar road and Brunel railway bridges to reach your destination.
- Stage Three – Saltash to Bodmin – From Saltash, wind your way through the south coast villages and towns of St Germans on the Torpoint peninsula, to Looe, Polperro, Polruan and them take the climb from Lostwithial back to Lakeview.
- Stage Four – Bodmin to Truro – Begin the stage by dropping right down into the tourist hotspots of Fowey, Carlyon Bay and Charlestown, past St Austell to Mevagissey. The second half of this scenic stage tours the Roseland Peninsula to St Mawes to conclude at Truro.
- Stage Five – Truro to Helston – Follow the Fal through Penryn to Falmouth before exploring the roads amongst the complex Helford Estuary. Next, it takes you to the southernmost point of your journey around the Lizard and then back up to Helston.
- Stage Six – Helston to St Ives – From Helston, make your way along the coastal roads of Mount’s Bay through Porthleven, Praa Sands and Marazion with views out to St Michael’s Mount. From Penzance, navigate round to Sennen and the iconic Land’s End before looping back up through St Just to St Ives.
- Stage Seven – St Ives to Lakeview, Lanivet – Your final stage sets off from St Ives and heads south east to Hayle, Gwithian, St Agnes and Perranporth, before exploring the climbs around Newquay and Padstow. From here, head back to Lakeview and celebrate your 777km of glory.
- Waymarked routes
- Electronic timing
- Feed Stations
- Mechanical Support
- Sag Wagon
- Event jersey
Old Coach Road
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)
- £400 per rider for 7 days riding