Sunday 15th July 2012
Leeds, West Yorkshire
The inaugural Bronte Sportive was held 2010 and was instantly hailed as a classic sportive ride to match any in the country by the majority of the field. The field for the 2011 grew based on the good word of mouth we received and looks set to grow even bigger and better for 2012.
The event, jointly organised by SportKeighley raises funds for Sue Ryder– Manorlands Hospice and is Sponsored by All Terrain Cycles and Ilkley Cycling Club’s White Rose Classic event to be held on 17 June.
Choice of five routes all starting from Keighley Campus, Leeds City College –
- Route 1 – Traditional Race the Train – 4.8 Miles – 1 Hill- or junior option which starts at Lees School, Crossroads and is 1.8 miles.
- Route 2 – CyKlesportive – 24 Miles – 4 Hills – As route 1, but also including Leeming, Cullingworth, Harecroft, Wilsden, Black Hills, Stonely Ridge and Saltaire before heading back to Keighley.
- Route 3 – CyKlesportive – 43 Miles – 12 Hills – As route 2 but with added legs to include Haworth, Oakworth, Goose Eye, Laycock, Slippery Ford, Scar Top and Stanbury, before following the route 2 course over to Saltaire and back to Keighley.
- Route 4 – CyKlesportive – 65 Miles – 15 Hills – Similar to route 3 but additional leg from Saltaire taking riders to Baildon, Hawkesworth, Guiseley, Carlton, Otley, Ilkley and East Morton, before returning to Keighley.
- Route 5 – CyKlesportive – 88 Miles – 21 Hills – This route follows the same course as Route 4 but includes an additional leg through Silsden, Cononley, Cowling, Sutton and Steeton before finally returning to Keighley.
- Choice of waymarked routes
- Chip timing for sportive routes
- Feed stations
- Event photographer
- Bronte BIGK Memento
Leeds City College Keighley Campus
Website entry – Yes (entry webpage)
- Sportive Routes – £25.00 per rider or £20.00 per rider early bird entry before 29th June
- Race the train junior/family route – £5.00 per rider